Verdicts and Settlements
Rhode Island family law attorneys and personal injury lawyers with a record of success
For nearly 50 years, Kirshenbaum Law Associates, Inc. has been helping clients throughout Rhode Island achieve successful results in divorce and custody cases, as well as auto accidents and personal injury cases. As highly experienced, tough trial attorneys, we fight to protect our clients’ interests in and out of the courtroom. Managing Partner Evan M. Kirshenbaum was featured in the news for his personal injury jury verdict that was more than seven times the offer proposed during settlement negotiations. Although we cannot promise similar results in every case, we work hard to ensure the maximum results in each case.
Contact our successful divorce lawyers and auto accident attorneys in Cranston, Warwick, Providence and throughout Rhode Island
Our skill is evidenced by our significant achievements and the satisfaction of our clients, which can be seen in our client testimonials. To learn more about the personalized assistance our attorneys offer in family law and personal injury cases, contact Kirshenbaum Law Associates, Inc. online or call 401-467-5300 today.
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Personal injury
- Divorce, alimony and business valuation
- Child custody and support
- $1,000,000 settlement of an automobile accident in which our client was hit by a drunk driver.
- $300,000 settlement for our client in an auto accident against his own insurance company to provide coverage. This was based on a loss of chance theory. The previous offer had been $7,500.
- In a case involving a low-impact motor vehicle collision that resulted in a soft-tissue injury, we obtained a jury verdict that was seven times the insurance company’s offer. Counsel from Allstate Insurance Company provided the defense.
- $225,000 verdict from a panel of binding arbitrators in a motor vehicle collision with a utility van.
- $150,000 settlement for a client who fell through an open hatch on a friend’s boat.
- $150,000 settlement for a client who fell in a home-based nail salon. With the help of our forensic engineer, the nail salon was found not to be operating under the building code.
- $75,000 for a client in a suit against a veterinarian whose improper handling of a cat caused the client to be bitten, resulting in surgery.
- Using a nationally recognized valuation expert, we were able to establish the value of a sole medical practitioner’s office that resulted in a verdict giving our client an overwhelming alimony award.
- Obtained award of lifetime alimony for 50-year-old wife and successfully defended former husband’s attempt to modify the alimony in the family court. Also successfully defended wife against husband’s appeal to the Rhode Island Supreme Court.
- Exposed husband’s attempt at trial to present falsified tax returns.
- Established legal precedent in the State of Rhode Island for recognition of personal goodwill of a business, that is separate and apart from business goodwill, in a case in the Rhode Island Supreme Court.
- Established in the Rhode Island Supreme Court that marital conduct means both good and bad conduct and the family court judge must take that into account.
- Won lifetime alimony for a 48-year-old client who worked part time but had a partial disability.
- Obtained five years of alimony for a stay-at-home father.
- Collected unpaid alimony of $200,000 because we discovered assets in a southern state.
- Collected substantial sum of unpaid alimony from a doctor hiding in New York.
- Successfully defended both husbands and wives against false allegations of domestic abuse. Domestic violence must never be tolerated or excused. All attorneys at Kirshenbaum Law Associates, Inc. seek immediate restraining orders and all other legal remedies for clients who suffer from domestic violence and abuse.
- Obtained physical placement of a 3-month-old child with the father.
- Successfully represented a client whose wife kidnapped their children and took them to a country in Europe. The children were ordered returned to the father by an international court, and the father won sole custody in Rhode Island.
- Successfully represented a woman who won a judgment allowing her to move to Chicago with her three children.
- Obtained sole custody and placement of young child for the father by showing the father was the better parent.
- Awarded double the amount of child support over the offer from the opposing attorney.